Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwatt222  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2016 10:44:22 PM(UTC)
jwatt222

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/23/2016(UTC)
Posts: 91
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 14 times
For the life of me I can't find such a directory in Windows10 named C:\ProgramData after installing Mobile Together Designer Server. I looked all over the installation files and can't put the login.html and the index.html anywhere in the folders that will allow them to show up when I try to view my app in the web browser.

Please help. Thanks,
jwatt222  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:07:56 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/23/2016(UTC)
Posts: 91
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 14 times
When I try to view my app in the browser, I keep getting an error "The first page cannot be served. Server error"
bbv  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:18:35 AM(UTC)
bbv

Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Joined: 7/21/2014(UTC)
Posts: 363

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
You will have to contact Altova Support with this. They will need a lot more details abour your installation and what you actually have tried.
jwatt222  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2016 8:37:04 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/23/2016(UTC)
Posts: 91
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 14 times
I figured out that its the MS Access databases that were preventing me from running my app. I removed the databases and can see any page except those with datetimes or have a database connected.

Not sure what to do about either; I went into control panel and moved the driver to the system dsn from the user dsn, no luck. I pulled the databases from the global resources and that didn't work. The system is still telling me that the drivers can't be found. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Not sure why the two pages with the datetime will not show even when they do not have the database connected.
The images load and that is it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Would love to get this thing up and running.

Thanks,
bbv  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2016 8:51:30 AM(UTC)
bbv

Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Joined: 7/21/2014(UTC)
Posts: 363

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
And this is precisely why I told you to contact Altova Support with this. I'm pretty sure it is a simple problem and if you share with them all the information required they will be able (and would love!) to help. Your description lacks currently too many details. I was able to answer your other questions by guessing, but this time guessing won't help.
jwatt222  
#6 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2016 3:18:14 PM(UTC)
jwatt222

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/23/2016(UTC)
Posts: 91
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 14 times
Sorry, I thought this was the support center. At least this is where I ended up when I clicked on the help center link from the designer. I assume that the Altova online is where I need to go. I'll check that out. Thanks,
jwatt222  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 9:53:41 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/23/2016(UTC)
Posts: 91
United States
Location: Virginia

Thanks: 14 times
I solved both problems already.

I finally realized that the datetime issue is because the datetime group can only work with ios. Since I am using the browser it would not show until I connect the iphone. (This is the problem I'm having now. Will address later if unresolved.)

The database took some research but I came to learn that I was working with a 64 bit operating system, a 64 bit Mobile Together Server Application Install, and 32 bit Microsoft Drivers for Microsoft Access. I solved the problem by downloading and installing the 32 bit MTS Application. After this I was able to connect to an odbc database using the ms access drivers.

I ended up creating a directory called SolutionFiles and dropping my files in the additional C:\ProgramFiles directory which was created during the install.

My app works in the browser now. I'm hoping that posting this here may help someone else. (Maybe another newbie like me.)


Thanks,
bbv  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 10:19:28 AM(UTC)
bbv

Rank: Administration

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Joined: 7/21/2014(UTC)
Posts: 363

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Glad to hear you did it! Thanks for sharing infos with others.
Users browsing this topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.