Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwatt222  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:02:51 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

Groups: Registered
United States

I just renewed my annual license and have about four days left before my current server shuts down. Currently I am using the server version 2.2. I wanted to go ahead and setup the new designer and server but the server wants to overite my existing server.

I have an app that is being purchased on Google Play and through paypal and (1) I am very curious as to what will happen to my existing user licenses when the server is overwritten?

I did notice that the installation backs up the existing data. (2) Is it also saving my existing user licenses and if so, (3) how do I copy this information to the new server so that I don't shut down my users and end up losing them?

(4) Is it at all posible to simply upgrade without having to start from scratch or (5) simply continue using version 2.2?
bbv  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:13:42 AM(UTC)
bbv

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Your purchases via Google Play or PayPal have nothing to do with MobileTogether server. I'm not sure what you mean by User Licenses in this case.

In theory you have two simple ways:

* You run upgrade to 3.2 and everything should work smoothly without users ever noticing this
* Or, if you are happy with 2.2 and don't want to risk killing running system, you apply the new key-code on LicenseServer but leave the MobileTogether server as is.
jwatt222  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:03:54 PM(UTC)
jwatt222

Groups: Registered
United States

When the user porchases the app from Google play or paypal they download it to their device which results in the Mobile Together Server issuing a user license and listing their device, the app they loaded, the version, and the request time under "User Licenses" on the server. Not sure what you mean that purchases on Google Play or Paypal has nothing to do with Mobile Together Server but this is kind of irrelevant towards my concern. I only mentioned it to address my concerns about 3.2 overwriting the 2.2. If it does not overwrite the user information under "User Licenses" already on the server then this point is moot" and need not be the focus of your response.

When I purchased the new license by telephone, I requested to continue using 2.2 but was told I had to upgrade to 3.2 and was sent a license key for 3.2. (1) will the 3.2 keycode work with the 2.2 server or (2) should I contact sales again to request a 2.2 license key?

Since upgrading does not interfere, (3) Where do I find the steps to do the upgrade? My assumptions were to download and install 3.2 and let the installation do it's thing. Is this the right approach?

bbv  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 7:24:29 PM(UTC)
bbv

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
(1) Every purchased license for MobileTogether Server includes SMP. And this also means a possibility to use the new license with older version of the server. Simply upload and assign the new license on LicenseServer without updating the MobileTogether Server. Therefore there is also no need to contact sales for older license

(3) The upgrade is simply running the installer on the same machine. So the answer to your question is yes. In case something unexpected happens, you should be able to return to the pre-upgrade state using the backup
thanks 1 user thanked bbv for this useful post.
jwatt222 on 7/26/2017(UTC)