Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 6:11:20 PM(UTC)
Paul

Groups: Registered
United States

I did a search for hosting and found nothing, so maybe this is a good topic to start. I'm trying to estimate my monthly costs and wold like some suggestions as to where other Mobile Together deveopers might be hosting their applications. Also, are there any special requirements I need for a Mobile Togehter server?

Of course VPS hosting would be ideal. But when I'm only developing, and there is little if any traffic, would shared hosting surfice?

Note: I plan on setting up a server VERY EARLY on in the development process. This way, if there are any mission critical problems I'd find out about them quickly, before investing too much time and money. (This is my best take at "agile" development.) PS: To this end, it sure would be nice if I could pay for my server license on a monthly basis.
bbv  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:09:33 AM(UTC)
bbv

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Any computer which has a good internet connection is just fine for hosting. So, yes - VPS is a good candidate. The requirements depend on your use - whether you need a database, how many users, how much of the logic in your apps will server have to execute and how much is done by clients, etc. It makes sense to start with a single core and see how it goes.

Monthly payments are not available, but with Designer and Clients completely free, unlimited apps, developers, users, the starting cost of $1000 is very contained to say the least.