Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2016 5:48:25 PM(UTC)
Paul

Groups: Registered
United States

Walking through the turorial videos and Mobile Designer on my desktop... I'm VERY impressed. I say this, not as a newbie, but as someone with 20+ years experience in application development. What a remarkablly cohesive and terse concept: an all inclusive IDE based on Xpath coding!!

Pricing seems to be very resonalble as well, "That's right: $1000 annually for an unlimited number of apps, and an unlimited number of users."

Unlimited users and apps is GREAT! But my questions is this. It's been a long since single core machines have been on the market. Even low end machines have 4 cores these days. Does this mean that on a 4 core machine, my server will only operate at 1/4 of it's capability?

Or... when you refer to single core, do you mean single CPU?
bbv  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 9:03:03 AM(UTC)
bbv

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
Core is core, not CPU. But there is no difference how strong these cores are, so whether you are buying a machine with a lot of weak cores, or with few strong Xeons or similar - it doesn't matter for MobileTogether Server pricing (this is contrary to the modern pricing of the database vendors which depends on the core performance)
Paul  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2016 9:07:08 PM(UTC)
Paul

Groups: Registered
United States

Thanks for your quick reply. Good to know about the Xeon processor!! So... yes. A 4 core Xeon processor would be running at 1/4 of it's capability with a 1 core license. Makes sense. Still... could be a comparative bargain compared to the other RAD envirmoments I've been looking at. And a $1000 a year to start, could be very accomidating for the capabilities being offered. Especially since this payment is not required while using the Designer.

Two more questions about the Server License:

1- Is it relatively easy to move the Mobile Togeher server from one machine to another?

2- In regard to the 30 day trial on the server. Does this have to run non-stop, or can I pause the trial and restart as needed?
bbv  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2016 10:13:14 AM(UTC)
bbv

Groups: Registered, Administrators

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 59 post(s)
1. Yes, very easy. From a license perspective you simply unassign license from one server and assign to another. From deployment: you either redeploy your solution to the new server or move the whole installation folder instead.

2. 30 days is meant at once. You need to contact Altova Sales for an extension - with a real project behind at least one extension should be no big deal.