Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwatt222  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 1, 2017 8:43:31 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

Groups: Registered
United States

I am saving my files to Client using xpath:

'LoadId\' || LoadId() ||'\TripPlan.xml'

I want the users to select files in which they save using their Load ID Number after saving multiple loadIds.

In Android everything works perfectly when I save to the downloads folder. When I call the file the directory pops up I can navigate to the file and I am able to select the loadid I want which loads right up.

If I save it to the default folder in Android, i cannot locate the file anywhere on the device. Not even in the Mobiletogether Directory when I change the path to Mobiletogether\TripPlan.xml or Mobiletogether/TripPlan.xml

I could go with the first but in IOS I am getting nothing.

I have made sure that icloud is turned on, that MobileTogether can back up files and have setup an account for icloud but when i save the file using the backedup directory and call it back the icloud box pops up but no files have been saved. I even tried manually creating the folder "LoadId" on icloud and and I even put MobileTogether in front of it in th save path but still nothing is there when I save.

If I use the nonbacked up directory, I get nothing and cannot determine where the file was saved.

I need to know what is going on with IOS very badly because currently those customers are not able to use the full functionality of my app and I need one way to work for all.

Would greatly appreciate your help once again.

jwatt222  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 2, 2017 4:15:14 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

United States

This will allow me to save the file to Mobiletogether rather than the download folder on Android and the only way I can get it to work.
'/storage/emulated/0/MobileTogether/LoadId/' || LoadId() ||'/TripPlan.xml'
I can see that the IOS is saving but I still can't reload it by selecting the loadID I want because there is no directory in the pop up box.

Not sure what I'mmissing with IOS.

Help anyone?
AFC  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 8:06:43 AM(UTC)
AFC

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Austria

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi jwatt22,

On iOS, the file open dialog can be used to import from the iCloud - not from backuped/non-backuped folder.
So you might want to keep a list of saved files and pick the wanted file from that list!?

Also on Android, the "default" directory is internal and not shown in the file open dialog. So either you save to the "downloads" or any other "public" directory, or you keep the same list of files as mentioned for iOS.
jwatt222  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 5, 2017 5:06:24 PM(UTC)
jwatt222

United States

Still confused:
So you might want to keep a list of saved files and pick the wanted file from that list!?

Are you saying that I use the "OpenURL/File" and "let user select file on client device" rather than using the "Load File" and "let user select file on client device"?

Currently there is nothing in the icloud directory to choose from.

Can you give an example of how I might make this work or point to one in the manual?

Thanks,
AFC  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 6, 2017 9:56:09 AM(UTC)
AFC

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Austria

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi!

Attached is a very simple example.
You can choose images, which are saved locally.
The file names are saved in the persistent tree.
Once you select a file name from the list on the Main page, the usual "Load File" action is used to load the image from the filepath remembered in the persistent tree.

Hope this helps!?
File Attachment(s):
filelist.mtd (10kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
thanks 1 user thanked AFC for this useful post.
jwatt222 on 9/9/2017(UTC)
jwatt222  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 9, 2017 9:10:43 AM(UTC)
jwatt222

United States

Thanks,

I'm going to wait on IOS Update 11 to see if the file system changes satisfies my needs.
jwatt222  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 16, 2017 4:38:29 PM(UTC)
jwatt222

United States

I was able to solve this problem and was shocked at how simple it was to use the load/save file as it was designed.

I compiled all of the files that consistently changed by user input into one xml file so that I was only working with one xml file and all the others I loaded on the client in the persistent tree.

I used xpath while allowing the file to reside on the client device and allowed the client to select the location to save and icloud automatically pops up as an option. To recall the file I used load from file and left everything blank while allowing the user to select the file which resides on the client. Now icloud opens and allows me to click on the file I want to open.

This also works well with the internal storage of the android device.