Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Philip Michael  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 2:31:57 PM(UTC)
Philip Michael

Groups: Registered
United States

I'm about to go nuts with this buggy software. There are several things that happen randomly. The one that really gets me is when it randomly closes while in the app on a device. No errors, just closes. Now I'm getting "The table name could not be acquired from the select statement SubContractorEmployees which is needed for auto save." when trying to save a data page source. What does this mean exactly??? I AM ACTUALLY using the table name in the select statement and only the fields I want to update. When I go to save the solution, I get this error. It's a very basic select statement with a primary key and all fields are filled in that should be saved. I have been looking at this for hours now.
AFC  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 11:26:52 AM(UTC)
AFC

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Austria

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi!

Please, can you send us your solution or at least the select statement?
Philip Michael  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 1:38:47 PM(UTC)
Philip Michael

United States

EmployeeID is PK and Auto Increment. The Page Source name is Employee. I have even named it SubContractorEmployees to match the actual table name, still get the error. I have all the fields set on the page linked to a control except CompanyNumber which I set just before saving.

Here is the current Select statement:

select EmployeeID, CompanyNumber, Email, FirstName, LastName, Phone, Photo, HireDate, TerminationDate, DispatchRights, TotalYearsOfService, CCTV, Intrusion, AccessControl from SubContractorEmployees where EmployeeID=:EmployeeID

I have also tried:
select EmployeeID, CompanyNumber, Email, FirstName, LastName, Phone, Photo, HireDate, TerminationDate, DispatchRights, TotalYearsOfService, CCTV, Intrusion, AccessControl from SubContractorEmployees Employee where EmployeeID=:EmployeeID

and

select * from SubContractorEmployees where EmployeeID=:EmployeeID

and

select * from SubContractorEmployees Employee where EmployeeID=:EmployeeID

AFC  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:20:04 PM(UTC)
AFC

Austria

Hi!

These work for us (on SQLite and MSAccess), so we will need more information on your environment (in case you cannot send solution + DB to our Support team):

Which database are you using?
32 or 64 bit designer?
can you send us the table creation statement? Or a detailed list of column types?
Did this database work before in MobileTogether or do you get this error since you added it the first time?

Thanks,
AFC
Philip Michael  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:43:27 PM(UTC)
Philip Michael

United States

I am adding .png files to view my settings. The one labeled "Interesting" show 2 Select statements that don't appear in any of the page sources. How do you delete these?

I am using Microsoft SQL Server

I am using version 6 and the 64bit designer.

This is the first single record edit/update for this table. The first page contains a list of Employees to select at which point sets a Persistent attribute equal to the primary key which is used in the select statement.
Philip Michael attached the following image(s):
TableSchema.PNG
Interesting.PNG
SaveButton.PNG
SQL Statement.PNG
Error.PNG
AFC  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 8:42:30 AM(UTC)
AFC

Austria

Hi!

*) Regarding deleting the unused select statements:
Just right-click them and use the context menu for removeal.

*) reg. "The table name could not be acquired..."
Since you are using MS SQL Server, your select statement must contain the used schema too, so e.g.
Quote:
select EmployeeID, CompanyNumber, Email, FirstName, LastName, Phone, Photo, HireDate, TerminationDate, DispatchRights, TotalYearsOfService, CCTV, Intrusion, AccessControl from dbo.SubContractorEmployees Employee where EmployeeID=:EmployeeID
in case "dbo" is the wanted DB schema.

Hope this helps.
Philip Michael  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 12:46:39 PM(UTC)
Philip Michael

United States

Hi AFC,
Thanks for the responses. I tried the "dbo" and that did not work. I want to mention I also have several other solutions and pages with the same kind of setup only using different tables and have not used "dbo" and they all work perfectly. This leads me to believe there is something that did not get deleted in the solution when creating and deleting page sources like the ones that were left over even though they were deleted from the page sources window. The very reason for my rant about "buggy software" at the beginning of my post as I have spent hours and hours trying different combinations of the select statements banging my head on the kitchen island (working from home during pandemic). I am going to re-create the solution from scratch, which I'm sure will be fun, to see if it proves my theory.
AFC  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:20:57 PM(UTC)
AFC

Austria

Hi!

"dbo" was just a sample - you must use your specific DB schema for the table.
Some simple selects can work without "dbo", but for reading out the structure, the DB schema is necessary.
btw: You can also rightclick a table and use "generate and add SELECT statement" to get a working select, which you can extend to your needs afterwards.

Instead of spending hours and getting crazy, you can also contact our Support.
It's for free and they help people with different problems every day.
thanks 1 user thanked AFC for this useful post.
Philip Michael on 7/15/2020(UTC)
Philip Michael  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 1:51:10 PM(UTC)
Philip Michael

United States

Hi AFC,

Thank you! You just solved my problem. I went into the schema to look at the tables and there were a handful of "user" tables I've never seen before! Where this came from, I have no idea. It's also interesting how the rest of the solution was using the same data source and was still working?!? Anyway, I created a new one and now it's working. When I try to go back to the old one I get an error "Datasource could not be resolved". Very strange! Now that I've created a new one, how do I delete any of the exsting data sources?
AFC  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:47:36 PM(UTC)
AFC

Austria

Hi!

same as for the SELECT statement - right-click the page source and use the context menu to "Delete".
Or simply select the page source and use the Delete button in the toolbar above.

Or do you mean something else?
Philip Michael  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 5:39:50 PM(UTC)
Philip Michael

United States

Actually, there is no way to delete an existing Data Source Name that I have found. In the image attached, "Response" is not used in any of the Page Sources and I am not able to get rid of it.
Philip Michael attached the following image(s):
Data Source Name.PNG
AFC  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2020 8:21:50 AM(UTC)
AFC

Austria

Hi Philip!

Unused database connections (as well as SELECT statements,..) are removed automatically on saving => once you open the file the next time, they will not be available anymore.

But this happens only, if they are really unused!
You can list existing usages with "Project|List All External Data References".