Support Forum

Ask questions and get help from MobileTogether experts.
MobileTogether Product Information
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ian  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 25, 2018 7:53:34 PM(UTC)
Ian

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Hi,

Following on from related 'empty insert database object' questions, I have a problem which may be related and would appreciate advice.

CONTEXT: Windows 10, 64-bit, ALTOVA Mobile Together Version 4.1 sp1. Attempting to connect to localhost MySQL database as a data source via ODBC driver v5.1. MySQL accessed at command line and through MySQL Workbench version 8.0.11 (64 bit).

PROBLEM/QUESTION: Using the ALTOVA MT ('AMT') ODBC driver and DSN creation process, I am able to connect to a running local instance of a MySQL database and have it shown as a candidate for the 'insert database object' dialog to act as a page source for my AMT app. That is, the database is shown as available. However, when I select that database and the 'insert database object dialog' panel pops up, what it shows is not the expected data source but a green 'CONNECTION' object which cannot be selected nor expanded.

At the database level I can see that a connection/session is created but it does not appear as an object in the dialog box.

At first I thought that maybe the database was empty, i.e., no tables, but that is not the case: tables and columns exist - except they have no data as yet.

Your advice as to how to make the database object appear for selection purposes would be welcome.

Thank you.
Ian attached the following image(s):
Connection Error.png
AFC  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:22:15 AM(UTC)
AFC

Groups: Registered, Administrators
Austria

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello Ian

I think we need more information regarding your settings and environment.
Please contact Altova Support.

Best regards,
AFC